Jamaican High Commission United Kingdom

Jamaican high commission

Other Passport Issues

Q: What do I need to do if I need to travel urgently and my passport is expired?


Please contact the Jamaican High Commission at 44-(0)-20-7823-9911. An Emergency Certificate can be prepared to facilitate direct travel to Jamaica. 

Q: Will I be able to obtain an Emergency Travel document for my child?


Yes, an emergency travel document may be issued if the child is a Jamaican. It takes approximately 3 working days to be issued. 

Q: How do I get my Home Office stamp placed in my new passport?


You will need to contact/report to the Home Office for all information relating to your status in the UK. The Jamaican High Commission has no authority with respect to immigration matters in the UK.

Q: Do I really need to include Emergency Contact persons on my application form?


Yes, you are required to complete all sections of the form, including Section F, which requires this detail.

It is advisable that one of the contacts entered be from Jamaica.

Q: Who may certify my passport application form?


The following persons are authorised to verify/certify an application form and photographs [ONLY APPLICABLE TO MAILED IN APPLICATIONS]:

  • a Justice of the Peace
  • a Notary Public
  • a Minister of Religion
  • a Medical Doctor
  • an Attorney at Law
  • a Consular Officer

Q: Should I inform the Jamaican High Commission of my new address if I move?


Yes, any changes in contact information should be reported to avoid delays with your application.