Jamaican High Commission United Kingdom

Jamaican high commission

Permanent Residence

Persons who are desirous of relocating to Jamaica should make an application directly to the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency of Jamaica. Please note that this application must be made in person and can only be done in Jamaica - not at the High Commission or the Consulate in Birmingham. For further information please contact the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency: 


Documentary Requirements:

  • Valid Passport
  • Evidence of financial status and means of support, such as bank account, property owned and business or other investments.
  • Original Birth Certificate
  • Marital Status - Marriage Certificate(official translation) - particulars of spouse, children and other dependents
  • Medical Certificate (official translation) - Certificate of good health
  • Police Certificate (official translation) from the country of residence (eg. Criminal Record Bureau (CRB))
  • Two (2) identical passport size photographs (certified in Jamaica by Bank Manager/Justice of the Peace)
  • Letter stating reason(s) for seeking permanent residence in Jamaica, as well as letters from two (2) reputable references or acquaintances from Jamaica must be addressed to the Chief Immigration Officer of the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency in Jamaica
  • Fee of J$ 100,000 payable to PICA (Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency) in Jamaica. 


Opening times

Consular (Passport and Visa) Section:

9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m

High Commission:

9.30am - 1:00 pm Monday - Friday