Criminal Records Check (CRB Check)
The Jamaican Constabulary Force (JCF) provides police certificates,sometimes referred to as a criminal clearance certificates, to individuals (whether you are Jamaican or a foreign national who lived there for a period of time) wishing to obtain information relating to any criminal record that may be held on them by the JCF. There is a charge of £38 for this service.
You will need to provide the JCF with the following:
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Notarised copy of your passport (This has to be done at the High Commission for a fee of £20.
- Full set of authenticated fingerprints (obtained from Scotland Yard or your regional police authority....see below)
- British postal orders in the amount of thirty-eight pounds £38.00 made payable to the Jamaica Constabulary Force.
- A letter stating the purpose for which the Police Certificate is required. It should also include the date of departure from Jamaica and the last address.
- Documents should be sent to by recorded mail to:
- Criminal Records Office
- Jamaica Constabulary Force
- 34 Duke Street
- Jamaica W. I.
- Tel: +876 922 3221 and +876 922 0125
Content of Police Certificate
The JCF Police Certificate will contain all convictions recorded againstan individual subject to the following -
An individual is able to apply to the Jamaican Ministry of Justice to have a conviction expunged from his or her record providing that they have not been conflicted of an offence in the seven (7) years since being convicted. This is not an automatic process
The JCF aims to produce the Police Certificate in 21 days of receiving a completed applications excluding the period of transmission of the document
You may telephone New Scotland Yard at Tel: 0207-230-2099 (except on Wednesdays) to make an appointment for your fingerprinting. This service is available Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30am to 2:00pm and is by appointment only in half-hour slots.
The cost is £60 for 1 full set of fingerprints, £90 for 2-3 sets and £120 for 4-5 sets.
The address is:
- New Scotland Yard,
- 10 Broadway,
- London SW1H 0BG
- Website: www.met.police.uk
Please check with the relevant police authority in your region regarding obtaining fingerprints.