Driver's Licence Renewal
The processing of applications to renew a driver's licence is not done by the High Commission or the Consulate in Birmingham. All applications should be sent directly to the respective Collector of Taxes in Jamaica. You will require an individual in Jamaica to transact the renewal on your behalf.
- The application form should be completed in full and signed in the presence of a Notary Public or Consular Officer, who should affix his/her stamp and duly sign the form
- One (1) passport sized photo of the applicant
- The applicant should also address a letter of authorization to the Collector of Taxes, giving clear and sole authority to the bearer of the letter by name to conduct the transaction on his/her behalf. The letter should be certified by a Consular Officer (High Commission or at the Consulate in Birmingham)
- The applicant should send to the individual acting on his/her behalf the:
- Completed application form
- Authorization letter
- One (1) passport size photo
- Relevant fee
Processing of the application should begin once the necessary documents have been submitted to the Collector of Taxes in Jamaica which issued the original driver's licence. The processing time should be within 10 working days.
An application for an International Driver's Licence is the same as above.