Driving Licence Renewal
The procedure for a Jamaican residing overseas to renew his/her Jamaican driver's licence is as follows:
- You will require an individual in Jamaica to transact the renewal on your behalf.
- The application form should be completed in full and signed in the presence of a Notary Public/Embassy or High Commission Official who should affix his stamp and duly sign the form, as well as one (1) passport sized photo of the applicant.
- The applicant should address a letter of authorization to the Collector of Taxes in the locale giving clear and sole authority to the bearer of the letter by name to conduct the transaction on behalf of the applicant.
- The applicant should send to the individual acting on their behalf the:
- Completed application form
- Authorization letter
- One (1) passport size photo
- Relevant fee
Processing of the application should begin immediately after the necessary documents have been submitted to the Tax Office of original issue of the licence. The processing time should be no longer than 10 working days.
An application for an International Driver's Licence is the same as above.