Guidelines for Jamaican Visas
- Persons needing a visa
to enter Jamaica
MUST submit the following documentation:
- One (1) photograph
- Valid passport (validity should cover the period of travel to and from Jamaica)
- Letter from employer (for business purposes) / Work Permit (if the applicant will be employed in Jamaica)
- Return ticket/itinerary with re-entry visa for persons who are not nationals of their present country of residence, or onward ticket with visa for another destination
- Bank Statement (most recent) - Proof that sufficient funds are available for the visit
- Hotel booking confirmation (if staying in a hotel) or proof that adequate arrangements have been made for accommodation and maintenance during the visit
- Fee - £25 (plus additional £7 for return post)- payable in cash (in-person only) or postal orders. Personal cheques and Card payments are not accepted at this time.
Cost of courier service within the United Kingdom is £13.50.
- Persons eligible to
receive visas at the port of entry must satisfy the Immigration Authorities in Jamaica of
their bonafides. Visitors should also be in possession of the following documentation:
- Valid passport (validity to cover the period of travel to and from Jamaica)
- Return ticket with re-entry visa for persons who are not nationals of their present country of residence, or onward ticket with visa for another destination
- Proof that sufficient funds are available or that adequate arrangements have been made for accommodation and maintenance during the visit e.g. bank statement, hotel booking (if staying in a hotel)
For applications delivered in person, please allow at least three (3) business days for processing. If the visa application has been referred to Jamaica for approval or has been submitted by post, please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
Cayman nationals are required to pay the equivalent of US$102.40
Zimbabwean nationals are required to pay the equivalent of US$100.00.
The cost of visas at the port of entry is
Old Fee: US$20.00 New Fee: US$100.00 (effective October 13, 2014)
There is a charge of US$350.00 for individuals who arrive at Port of Entry without the requisite visa.
The cost for persons who wish to extend their stay beyond the Visa Exemption period: JM$50,000
The cost for persons who have overstayed their time, but wish to regularise their stay in the island JM$50,000
For specific information on visa requirements for Foreign Nationals travelling to Jamaica, please contact the High Commission at Contact Us/Feedback